A single of the substitute sources of finance for Uganda is the Mara Launch fund. For a lot of Ugandans, specifically these starting out in business with only a notion, this is a very good spot to commence.
Target: Start off ups and early stage organizations
Sector focus: All
Amounts supplied: UGX 5,000,000- UGX 10,000,000
Funding kind: Venture capital
Signifies, rather than offering a loan, the fund takes a % of shares in the company
Model can be repeated across Africa
Lucrative company within 3-5 years (exit period for fund)
search on the internet for “Mara Launch Fund”
Tel: +256()414 233 700/800
Who is behind the fund?
Ashish J. Thakkar CEO,Mara Group
Alex Rezida, Partner at Nangwala, Rezida & Co. advocates and
Peter Mukiza, Managing Partner in Uganda for Quantum capital.
What is the approach like?
1. Submit company plan.The strategy must include information constant with the key criteria for the fund.
2. Introductory meeting. If the fund likes the plan, the investor will meet the fund team.
3. Due diligence.This means the fund “verifies” the data presented in the program.
4. Phrase sheet. Document spelling out the simple terms and circumstances.
My view/suggestions for success in accessing the funds for your organization
1. Team:Venture capital funds like Mara know that a great team will create and implement the thought effectively. If you have no internal capacity, have a professional join you so that your plan includes a robust group.
2. Executive summary. Investors are busy people and so your summary, normally one web page, ought to have a single aim in mind: “Make them eager to turn the pages”. In order to do this, ensure that your executive summary captures crucial aspects of the document which includes the group, the quantity needed, the approach, the activities to date and other info that gives a “snapshot” of your idea.
3. Repeatable model. The fund is hunting for good organization ideas that will transform Africa. Can the company model be repeatable not only in Uganda but possibly Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania?
4. Understand the fund and persons behind it. A core part of a profitable enterprise connection is whether or not the two parties “connect”. Investors are men and women and they generally invest if they like the individual behind it.
In July, I met Nigel Ball, director of an affiliated entity. He is a really likeable, straight speaking expert. I can as a result expect that the rest of the team will be of this nature.
Otherwise, finest of luck.
Inachee is not an agent or connected to this entity, it is an independent believed leadership and advisory firm. The data offered is based on our investigation and expertise. Whilst we have taken methods to guarantee the accuracy of the info presented here, there can be no guarantee that it will stay correct.