Don’t Get Caught Out on Employers’ Liability Insurance

19 Aug

or copy the link

Do you know that, as a business owner, you’re legally required to take out a minimum £5m employers’ liability insurance cover?

Many employers in Great Britain are confused about the compulsory cover. In March 2013, the Health & Safety Executive fined a self-employed maintenance worker £1,200 after a friend he had taken on was injured on the job. He also had to pay £1000 in costs.

But the price could be much higher.

Here are some details on Employers’ Liability (EL), including possible exceptions to liability insurance for small business. For full details, contact your insurer or the DWP.

Employers’ vs Public Liability Insurance

Under the Employers’ Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act 1969, EL is compulsory. It covers businesses for claims brought by employees, during or after their period of employment, for injury or illness contracted on the job.

Public liability insurance is voluntary. It covers businesses against claims brought by members of the public who sustain injury or damage to property while on the premises for business purposes.

Where to Get Employers’ Liability Insurance

You must buy cover from an insurer that is licensed under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.

Does Your Business Qualify for EL Exemption?

In general, EL is compulsory for people you employ under a contract of service or apprenticeship. It is not compulsory for:

  • Employees working outside England, Scotland, and Wales. Though you must have EL for employees based abroad who spend more than 14 days at one stretch per year in Great Britain
  • Family businesses that are NOT limited companies and where all employees are close relatives
  • Businesses where the sole employee is also the business owner and he/she owns 50% of the issued share capital
  • Check if your motor insurance covers employee injury and illness due to motor accidents they are in while working for you

Check with your policy provider about EL for:

  • Students working unpaid, people unemployed but doing youth/adult training, and school students on work experience
  • Freelance contractors, even if they work for others, supply their own equipment, and you don’t deduct income tax/NI. HMRC may still see them as employees for tax and insurance purposes

Remember that you must make your certificate of Employers’ Liability Insurance accessible to employees and to Health & Safety Executive Inspectors. If you don’t, you face a fine of £1000.

60 Responses to “Don’t Get Caught Out on Employers’ Liability Insurance”

  1. Kimberli May 8, 2013 at 2:39 pm #

    Obama’s 95% Illusion
    It depends on what the meaning of ‘tax cut’ is.

    One of Barack Obama’s most potent campaign claims is that he’ll cut taxes for no less than 95% of “working families.” He’s even promising to cut taxes enough that the government’s tax share of GDP will be no more than 18.2% — which is lower than it is today.
    It’s a clever pitch, because it lets him pose as a middle-class tax cutter while disguising that he’s also proposing one of the largest tax increases ever on the other 5%. But how does he conjure this miracle, especially since more than a third of all Americans already pay no income taxes at all? There are several sleights of hand, but the most creative is to redefine the meaning of “tax cut.”
    For the Obama Democrats, a tax cut is no longer letting you keep more of what you earn. In their lexicon, a tax cut includes tens of billions of dollars in government handouts that are disguised by the phrase “tax credit.” Mr. Obama is proposing to create or expand no fewer than seven such credits for individuals:

    – A $500 tax credit ($1,000 a couple) to “make work pay” that phases out at income of $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 per couple.
    – A $4,000 tax credit for college tuition.
    – A 10% mortgage interest tax credit (on top of the existing mortgage interest deduction and other housing subsidies).
    – A “savings” tax credit of 50% up to $1,000.
    – An expansion of the earned-income tax credit that would allow single workers to receive as much as $555 a year, up from $175 now, and give these workers up to $1,110 if they are paying child support.
    – A child care credit of 50% up to $6,000 of expenses a year.
    – A “clean car” tax credit of up to $7,000 on the purchase of certain vehicles.
    Here’s the political catch. All but the clean car credit would be “refundable,” which is Washington-speak for the fact that you can receive these checks even if you have no income-tax liability. In other words, they are an income transfer — a federal check — from taxpayers to nontaxpayers. Once upon a time we called this “welfare,” or in George McGovern’s 1972 campaign a “Demogrant.” Mr. Obama’s genius is to call it a tax cut.
    The Tax Foundation estimates that under the Obama plan 63 million Americans, or 44% of all tax filers, would have no income tax liability and most of those would get a check from the IRS each year. The Heritage Foundation’s Center for Data Analysis estimates that by 2011, under the Obama plan, an additional 10 million filers would pay zero taxes while cashing checks from the IRS.
    The total annual expenditures on refundable “tax credits” would rise over the next 10 years by $647 billion to $1.054 trillion, according to the Tax Policy Center. This means that the tax-credit welfare state would soon cost four times actual cash welfare. By redefining such income payments as “tax credits,” the Obama campaign also redefines them away as a tax share of GDP. Presto, the federal tax burden looks much smaller than it really is.
    The political left defends “refundability” on grounds that these payments help to offset the payroll tax. And that was at least plausible when the only major refundable credit was the earned-income tax credit. Taken together, however, these tax credit payments would exceed payroll levies for most low-income workers.
    It is also true that John McCain proposes a refundable tax credit — his $5,000 to help individuals buy health insurance. We’ve written before that we prefer a tax deduction for individual health care, rather than a credit. But the big difference with Mr. Obama is that Mr. McCain’s proposal replaces the tax subsidy for employer-sponsored health insurance that individuals don’t now receive if they buy on their own. It merely changes the nature of the tax subsidy; it doesn’t create a new one.
    There’s another catch: Because Mr. Obama’s tax credits are phased out as incomes rise, they impose a huge “marginal” tax rate increase on low-income workers. The marginal tax rate refers to the rate on the next dollar of income earned. As the nearby chart illustrates, the marginal rate for millions of low- and middle-income workers would spike as they earn more income.
    Some families with an income of $40,000 could lose up to 40 cents in vanishing credits for every additional dollar earned from working overtime or taking a new job. As public policy, this is contradictory. The tax credits are sold in the name of “making work pay,” but in practice they can be a disincentive to working harder, especially if you’re a lower-income couple getting raises of $1,000 or $2,000 a year. One mystery — among many — of the McCain campaign is why it has allowed Mr. Obama’s 95% illusion to go unanswered.

  2. Tena May 8, 2013 at 8:09 pm #

    So, lemme get this straight. Obama is GONNA RAISE TAXES sky high, and if you say you won’t be affected ’cause it’ll only be the RICH…well, the RICH own the COMPANIES the POOR PEOPLE work at. So..YES…jobs will end, wages will go down, etc. Democrats, last time a President raised taxes in a bad economic time, we went into a Great Depression, see Herbert Hoover. There will be more black people running in the future, if that’s the only reason why you’re voting for him…’cause I can’t possibly think of anything else, that;s pathetic.

  3. Johnnie May 10, 2013 at 4:15 pm #

    This is a long story. A photographer came to my workplace wanting to take photos for his portfolio. My workplace usually charges a fee for this, instead, they offered to let him take photos for free if he’d do some shots for their web page in exchange. There was no contract signed in this agreement, nor any waiver for lost or damaged equipment.

    The photographer put his $1200 lens out on a table and left the room. A coworker and I were checking out some handheld spotlights. When I handed them back to my coworker, we didn’t connect and one was dropped on the table on which the lens was sitting. I don’t know if my coworker also bumped the table in trying to catch the light, but the lens was shaken and fell to the concrete floor.

    We apologized and when he demanded money from us a week later for the broken lens, we went to our superiors to tell them about the situation. In discussions with the photographer, my employers decided that my coworker and I should handle it privately with the photographer.

    We were told by others not to call him as it was his fault for leaving expensive equipment out, etc. We called him finally because he was threatening to sue us for the expense. He’s asking us to each pay one third of the cost, about $400 each, and a used lens is only $100 less than a new one ($1200); his warranty/insurance has run out as the lens is 3 years old.

    Is this right? Should we pay him or should our employer have paid him? Should he sue our employer instead? Is it just too bad for him and nobody owes him anything? Are there legal issues with this I should know about? Obviously if we tell him to do this or if he does sue the company I could lose my job, I work in an at-will employment state. Complicated, I know.

  4. Trinidad May 19, 2013 at 12:19 am #

    I already posted this question once, but yahoo answers isn’t letting me view the answers for some reason:

    I recently accepted a job as a security officer for a large piece of property with many businesses. I’ll be working a graveyard shift, and the area is pretty high crime. I will not be using my own transportation, instead I’ll be using public transit. My main duties are to observe, and report incidents. I don’t have to confront suspicious people, but more so make note of suspicious people. The thing is, I can’t be armed. I’m not even suppose to carry a pocket knife, and I’m going to be the only guard out there over night. The transit station has had two shootings, a stabbing, and a couple of muggings over the past few months.

    Does anyone think it’s unfair that I can’t even bring a weapon to defend myself when I’m en route home?


    What if I’m confronted by 4-5 guys? What if some random person pulls a knife on me and tries to mug me?? How am I suppose to defend myself? I’m trained in both knife and firearms tactics, yet the company prohibits me from carrying them while on shift, due to an insurance and liability issue.

    I’ve undergone weapons training at the state criminal justice training academy, and have owned firearms for years. I have armed guard experience as well.

    I’d rather be armed and not need it than need it and not be armed.

    Can anyone honestly say that they’d feel comfortable working this job, being in my position?

    Let’s be logical for a second.


    You’re an unarmed guard, with not even a pocket knife. You’re working overnight in a high crime area. You’re 5 miles from where you live, and you’re taking public transportation. The transit center where you catch your bus has had shootings, stabbings, and muggings several times in the last month.

    Every thug hates a security guard. You’re waiting for your bus, and see a group of 4-6 thuggish looking people walking by. You’re a sitting target. The security position is a private position for guarding one area of property. My employer is the owner of the property. It Is NOT a security company. The reason they can’t keep an employee is due to the ridiculous rules of being unarmed. I know it’s up to me to take the job, or not to take the job, but I want to know opinions as to if you agree with the company policies or not.

    RK I saw all of those answers, but the page is telling me I have more answers than I really do.

  5. Denise May 19, 2013 at 11:19 am #

    I had an accident at work. I went to file a few documents away, there is a table near the filing cabinets, as I was walking to the filing cabinet I did not see the boxes, as I turned back to go to my desk, I turned and fell on my right side, catching the edge of the table with my hand. There was a tingling sensation, but nothing too serious. Well today I have been getting excruciating shooting pains in my hand and arm.

    I was inform to report the incident which I did and make a log of it. I was also advised to see my GP.

    I type at work, and the incident is seriously affecting my ability to write at such a speed.

    I am in my probationary period and my review is in December, should I make a Personal Injury claim or not?

  6. Lane May 19, 2013 at 12:15 pm #

    How can you cut something from zero?
    Isn’t that a lie by Barack Obama?
    A few facts that people are missing:

    The top 1% wage earners pay about 39% of all taxes, the top 5% pays about 60%, and the bottom 35% of workers pay zero taxes.
    A tax credit if a worker pays no taxes is not a tax cut, it is Government Welfare.

    That is not a “tax cut”

    It still appears Obama is lying unless someone can prove otherwise.

  7. Stan May 20, 2013 at 12:01 am #

    I am an engineer who works with several other engineers that work for small buisnesses. Basically themselves with no plans on hiring anyone else. But technically a small buisness.

    Does anyone know what % of people employed by small buisness making over 250K.
    I mean if the 5% employ 80% of the workers for small buisness, then isn’t that what matters?
    The average is not important, it would be the medium.
    Let me put it this way.
    9 self employments making 75K a year.
    1 small buisness makes 1.3 million and employs 50 people.
    The average income is 200K. Only 10% would be tax increased. That buisness employs 85% of the workers.

  8. Ines May 20, 2013 at 10:02 am #

    i dont know what to write! help me

  9. Modesto May 21, 2013 at 1:29 am #

    I’m 17 and I was wondering if it would be worthwhile starting my own small business to hire out a jumping castle in my local area.
    (Victoria, Australia)

    The only problem is i’m not sure how to start and i’m worried about public liability insurance (How much would that cost?) as the last thing I want is for someone to get hurt.

    Has anyone had experience in this area or have any tips/advice for me?

    Much appreciated.

  10. Darwin May 23, 2013 at 8:55 am #

    I am renting a studio in a large mill building. The studios for rent are for business purposes only, not for residential purposes. I need to be covered for $1,000,000 public liability insurance according to my lease. I have been searching around, but it seems i can only find regular renters insurance, which is mainly for renting a place where you live. I don’t really know much about insurance, so any information would be helpful.

  11. Vera May 24, 2013 at 12:28 pm #

    I’m running a one-off day course in a public building. If it goes well I’ll run others. But is it possible to get public liability insurance for this one day? (Building I’m hiring needs it.)

  12. Malena May 25, 2013 at 9:29 am #

    I am currently building up clients who would like to take me on to do their washing, cleaning and ironing in their own homes, using their equipment. I know I need to insure myself in case I break or damage anything, can someone please tell me who the best company is who will give me affordable public liability insurance?

    I am in the UK.

    Thanks in advance.

  13. Porfirio May 25, 2013 at 3:39 pm #

    so me and my best friend are gonna put an ad up on all things horsey Norfolk, where were gonna do peoples stable chores in exchange for free rides on their horses OR to be paid… do we need public liability insurance&rider insurance or not public liability? also, how much would the insurance be per year each?

  14. Lettie May 26, 2013 at 11:27 am #

    I am starting to run workshops, teaching creative recycling crafts and require public liability insurance. Could you point me in the right direction please?

  15. Verona May 28, 2013 at 2:35 am #

    I am a new small business and I would like to have a stall at a local fair. They require public liability insurance.

    Am I able to get it just for the day?

    I normally work from home with no need for it at any other time.

    Thanks is advance.

  16. Oliva May 29, 2013 at 1:33 pm #

    What are the advantages of Public Liability Insurance Act-1991?

  17. Sheldon May 30, 2013 at 2:56 pm #

    We have secured a unit for a 2 week pop up shop but need public liability insurance before they will sign the contract. We have made dozens of phone calls and no one can help us although we know it must be possible. Can anyone give us any advice? Thanks

  18. Hermila May 31, 2013 at 4:56 am #

    I am 16 and I would like to sell homemade cakes to get a little but of money. My mum said I would need food hygiene and public liability insurance.
    Where can I get this?

  19. Vera June 2, 2013 at 4:39 am #

    I run a mobile disco with some friends but we haven’t renewed our public liability insurance for various reasons, but need it for an event this weekend. Any idea how much it would cost just for one event? I am in the UK so pounds and pence only please!

  20. Kermit June 26, 2013 at 8:58 pm #

    I am a self employed sub-contractor for a drylining and plastering company. I am trying to get public liability insurance but every single insurance website or insurance comparing website keeps asking me for my business details and address and whether I have any employees and how long business has been trading etc….obviously none of these are applicable to me as I don’t own and run a business but can’t complete the form without the details. Can any other sub contractors tell me how they filled theirs in?

  21. Chae June 28, 2013 at 10:26 am #

    Am starting a small cleaning business., I have called a few companies and it seems 5 Million is the lowest threshold for Public Liability Insurance.

    Even if I tried i don’t think I could do more than, say, 50 thousand worth of damage. Where can i get Insurance for 50 or 100 thousand (and yearly payments to match)?


  22. Suzette June 28, 2013 at 10:19 pm #

    Is Public Liability Insurance required to use blank firing replica guns as a form of public entertainment in the UK

  23. Cliff June 30, 2013 at 8:18 pm #

    I have recently been made bankrupt but have been told by the O.R . that I am able to continue to work, however my job in property maintenance requires public liability insurance I have not yet been able to find a company the will take me on despite me offering to pay a years money up front.Does any one out there know of a company that might entertain me?

  24. Victoria June 30, 2013 at 10:16 pm #

    I am a director of a newly established video production company. We are shooting a live Jazz festival in Birmingham and will require public liability insurance. However the quotes I have found only insure annually ans are way out of our current price range. How/where can I get public liability insurance for 2 days?
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.

  25. Ruthe July 1, 2013 at 12:27 pm #

    Greetings To all,
    I am currently at a stage in my business to which I seek Public Liability insurance and Workcover, for my painting business.

    I currently own a Small Service business, offering Painting Services.

    I would now need business insurance, so therefore I have come here to request assistance with finding a fantastic business insurance that can offer ‘Public Liability’ and ‘Workcover’.

    Thank you very much for assistance, the help is very appreciated.

    Have a great day and Thank you

    Kind Regards,

  26. Seth July 1, 2013 at 1:00 pm #

    I’m trying to start my own hire company, specifically kayaks, and after reading many legislative and legal documents it appears, if one owns/ creates a statutory deceleration form there is no need for public liability insurance. I also think back when using kayaks on holidays it’s always just a deceleration form needed to be filled. Please help

  27. Carmelo July 2, 2013 at 6:25 am #

    I am qaulified to give spraytans and waxing , but would I need to get public liability insurance if I were to provide these services to family , friends , friends of friends? Would really hope not as this is only a part time job whilst at school and I have known those who haven’t but I would like to be sure lol

  28. Rocio July 3, 2013 at 9:45 am #

    Hi all,

    My friend and I are joinly setting up a promotions agency for brand promotion jobs etc. Where can i find public liability insurance for this and how much will it cost approx?

  29. Etha July 3, 2013 at 12:22 pm #

    I wanted to sell some home made crafts at my local gala. When the form came it said I must have my own public liability insurance. Can anyone give me any advise please?

  30. Victoria July 4, 2013 at 6:00 am #

    I am just doing hourly paying translation for architecture drawings, however, this architecture firm requires me to buy public liability insurance before I can serve them, so I wonder if there is a cheap way to do so.

  31. Nellie July 5, 2013 at 1:01 pm #

    What is employers liability and public liability insurance?
    How much does they usually cost?
    Are both of them cover all employees?
    Do I need to buy per employee?

  32. Danilo July 8, 2013 at 11:44 am #

    Where is the best place to get Public Liability Insurance in the UK for entertainers please? I have tried to few places on the web only find out that they don’t cover entertainers.

  33. Raymond July 9, 2013 at 3:20 am #

    I am interested in renting a stall at my local summer fayre, but they say we need public liability insurance, however I dont want to pay a yearly fee for a one off day on a stall, does anyone know where I can purchase good, cheap insurance for one day? Thanks
    I live in Manchester, UK

  34. Tomas July 9, 2013 at 11:02 am #

    hi,i have brought 2 bouncy castles and a couple of sumo suits and am trying to start up a bouncy castle hire company on the costa blanca in spain.
    i was wondering how much i am expecting to pay for civil-public liability insurance on the above equipment?

  35. Natasha July 9, 2013 at 4:11 pm #

    My business is due to start up within the next 2 months and I have now been informed of public liability insurance, my business will be the customer will order over the phone and the snacks (pre packaged such as crisps chocolate and drinks etc) will be dispatched from a warehouse and delivered to them, I will not be cooking or preparing food and will not have customers visiting the warehouse the change of hands will be outside their house.
    Do I need public liability insurance?

  36. Arnulfo July 9, 2013 at 4:11 pm #

    I am having an extension built to my house. I have contracted the builders and they say they have public liability insurance, should I ask for a copy of the certificate or to see it?

  37. Rosalina July 12, 2013 at 1:53 am #

    I want to start my own business,the business would be selling jacket potatoes drinks etc from a trailer/van.How do i go from here,with not much money behind me i need info about grants, public liability insurance, everything to get started.

  38. Morton July 13, 2013 at 8:10 am #

    We are starting a social club with a formal constitution in Queensland, Australia, that meets in private homes/public places – cafes etc , and do not have our own premises. So do we need to have public liability insurance; as the places we meet will already have it?

  39. Russel July 16, 2013 at 7:54 pm #

    I’m about to set up a small sole trader business in the UK making furniture and I am going to be moving into a small industrial unit which I will be renting. I have been advised by the people who are renting out the unit that I need to get personal and public liability insurance. I have done a few searches on the internet but I can’t see any companies that have a combined policy. In other words it seems I have to get two seperate insurance policies for personal and public insurance. Is this right? Or is it the case that public liability also includes personal liability.

  40. Austin July 19, 2013 at 8:08 am #

    I am going to a village fete on Saturday but I need PUBLIC LIABILITY INSURANCE to have my stall there. I do printed t shirts and they are made to order so there is no risk apart from hurting yourself with a pen or being suffocated by a t shirt… Where can I buy this from?

  41. Sharolyn July 25, 2013 at 11:23 am #

    I have gathered a few wedding items together for our wedding and now have no use for them, I was thinking of hiring them out to other brides and grooms for their big days but i was wondering whether i was need public liability insurance for this. I wanted to hire out a photo wall, (think what you shove your head through at a seaside and snap away) and various other items, vintage suitcases, signage etc… Thank you for your advice

  42. Marg July 26, 2013 at 8:11 pm #

    I have tried compare the market and all the rest but i still cant find public liability insurance for a market trader. Im based in south wales if that helps… I have tried ringing several insurance companies but to no prevail… I only need it for 2 weeks and i can only find a quote for a whole year and with that company you can only pay for the year in full and upfront… surely that’s not right…

  43. Tena July 27, 2013 at 10:12 am #

    Hi im 13yrs old from the uk and am looking into mowing peoples lawns and maintaing there driveways for money well pocket money over the holidays do i need public liability insurance or anything else so im protected legallly or not?

    Any help would be great,

  44. Daphine August 5, 2013 at 10:10 pm #

    I hope to have a stall at a market / craft fair and want to know where I can get public liability insurance for just one day?

  45. Carter August 14, 2013 at 5:12 am #

    -business is yet to have name com firmed
    -no annual turn over
    -this will be this first time selling the product, but will need public liability insurance in order to do so.

  46. Thad August 17, 2013 at 5:35 am #

    yeah im in science and i need to know how old you have to be to have public liability insurance help me out … QUICK !!

  47. Sam August 18, 2013 at 12:10 pm #

    A friend of mine is going to be DJ’ing at my wedding. The venue have said that this is fine and he is going tho bring his own equipment which he is hiring separately. The venue have said he needs to produce a Public Liability Insurance Certificate.

    This is not his normal job he is just doing it as a one off favour.

    Any idea how hie gets one? I have looked on line but it all seems to be for professional or self employed people/businesses.

  48. Sheila August 18, 2013 at 5:37 pm #

    I’m putting on a play and the venue wants me to get a public liability insurance cover.Where would I get this and whatdo I need?

  49. Daniel August 24, 2013 at 12:54 am #

    Public Liability Insurance and Third Party Liability Insurance appear to be used interchangably in many Contract documents. Are they the same?

  50. Diana August 26, 2013 at 5:02 pm #

    I am having problems finding an insurance company to cover public liability insurance for products purchased outside of the EU, can anyone help?

  51. German August 29, 2013 at 9:51 am #

    Im 16 and hoping to get some public liability insurance as I’m planning to be working in beauty (waxing,nails,ect) with my cousin.

  52. Rebecca August 30, 2013 at 3:50 am #

    I am in Britain and I wanted to do dog walking to make some extra cash, nothing big just a case of ‘I’ll walk your dog for a fiver’ sort of thing. But lots of people said I’d need public liability insurance to do it. Is this true? And if it is, 1. that sucks, 2. if I do it anyway w/o it am I likely to get caught?

  53. Diego August 30, 2013 at 6:45 am #

    Hi, i’m a musician and have played various different venues but i have just been advised by a venue next week that i am required to have Public Liability Insurance in order to be able to play there. Is this ‘the norm’? Can you suggest someone decent (and cheap!!)


  54. Terry August 30, 2013 at 6:13 pm #

    I have been there for 3 years, had a one year lease and after first year it is now month to month. now he wants me to sign lease and he added in this lease that I must take out $100,000.00 public liability insurance. Can he do this? I do not own the property.

  55. Noemi August 31, 2013 at 9:23 am #

    I want to exhibit at a gallery which has shown my work before. I would have to pay a fee to effectively rent the space for a period. The gallery would take a 25% commission on any sales. It is run as a business but has charitable status.
    For the first time they are asking me to provide evidence of public liability insurance. Should not this be in place, provided by the gallery, as the owners/providers of the premises? Surely I don’t have to insure against someone being shocked by a colour combination or offended by a painting.
    I understand that I have obligations as a maker of objects for sale but this is distinct from protecting third party interest whilst viewing my work in a gallery.
    I have exhibited in this gallery twice before without having to take out insurance . There has been no change in management since then.

  56. Meta September 1, 2013 at 7:20 am #

    I work as a self employed labourer with bricklayers for asub contractor , am I legally required to take out public liability insurance

  57. Cruz September 5, 2013 at 4:18 pm #

    Hi, so my friends and I are having a party in a month and we’re considering holding it at a local school hall. I called the person in charge of organizing the hall hire and they said that I need public liability insurance to hire it out for the night. How do I go about getting the insurance and roughly how much will it cost? We wanted to hire the room for about four hours and use it to accommodate about 15 people. Simple answers would be best since I don’t know all the fancy words describing finances and Insurance. Thank you!

  58. Wayne September 10, 2013 at 3:46 am #

    My wife is going self employed as a hairdresser in a salon.
    What public liability insurance will she need?

  59. Salvador September 13, 2013 at 10:17 am #

    In the UK (Northwest) how much about are people paying for their public liability insurance.We dont have an address yet for our new venture so I cant get a quote, I just want a general idea from anyone already paying it. We are fully aware of all the things we need to do, standards we need to meet, how to register e.c.t. its just this Im struggling to find & I need to include it in my business plan.

  60. Maud September 21, 2013 at 9:09 am #

    I am wanting to volunteer but for all cases the job attribute requires you to have public liability and personal accident insurance. I am seventeen, how do I/where do you apply for this? Thanks! 🙂

Leave a Reply